Here We Go Again?
Not Quite, WABC & Citadel VP Phil Boyce Backs Imus
WABC and Citadel Broadcasting Corp. Vice President Phil Boyce said Imus would be explaining his comments on his Tuesday morning show and it was unlikely the broadcasters would take disciplinary action against him.
Boyce said Imus had explained his words in a private conversation Monday afternoon and the explanation was satisfactory.
“I think some people may be misunderstanding what he meant,” said Boyce
Couple of differences between now and April ’07:
- Talk radio now knows how to defend itself against these type of attacks.
- Management stepped in immediately and defended Imus.
- Dick Gregory appears on the show and defends Imus.
- Imus is not on going on the Sharpton apology tour.
- Pacman Jones is not an innocent bystander.
- Then there is that pesky I-Nation thing.